How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cerecita Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 21449
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Cerecita is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. I am about to apply KLN. When I

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Moore. I am about to apply for a KLN. When I renew my passport I will need to make a name change. I can not change my name on my passport yet because I have a trip to Tahiti booked under the name on the passport and all travel documents have been printed. Will I be able to update my KTN when I change everything over or will I have to go through the process again? Also, my drivers license and social security are already changed. Will this affect my application for a KLN?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think that's everything.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Cerecita replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thanks for requesting me to help with your question.

Do you have a GOES card and included with that, is TSA Precheck, with a KTN?

If you're going to get a new passport with a name change and you have also changed your name on your driver's license and social security card, if you currently have a GOES card, you don't have to go through the entire registration process again, but you can update your information in your GOES profile to reflect your new passport information; you will have to provide them with all the documents leading to your name change (marriage, divorce, etc.) and pay a $25 fee to receive a new GOES card reflecting your new information, PASSID OR KTN.

If you don't have a GOES card or TSA Precheck yet, and are applying for Precheck for the first time, resulting in the issuance of a KTN, don't apply until you renew your passport with your name change and then all documents will have the same information and you shouldn't encounter any problems. Just keep in mind that everything needs to match.

I hope this helped and if so, please rate positively so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much.

Warmest regards,