Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

We are a Medical Facility and patient was seen twice in

Customer Question

We are a Medical Facility and patient was seen twice in 08/2015. The patient's insurance changed to a Medicaid insurance that we are not contracted with. The mother is wanting us to see the patient and is willing to pay cash.
I called State AHCCCS (AZ Medicaid) and they stated as we are a State AHCCCS and have only contracted with UHC Community Plan (AP/IPA) - we would need to have the patient sign a waiver stating she understands we will are not contracted with her AHCCCS plan and will be required to pay cash as a "Self Pay" patient at the time services are rendered. The State of Arizona AHCCCS does not have a waiver form, they state I will need to have one created. Is this legal and can I use the waivers that are on line as a "legal document"?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can have them sign a waiver that is online and fully explains the situation. Not online templates are sufficient so if you find a good one, it may be smart to have a local attorney review it before having any patients or patient families sign it.