How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just recently found out that I have a judgement against me

Customer Question

I just recently found out that I have a judgement against me from 6 years ago, it was sent to wrong address. The amount on my judgement is much less than what the attorneys are saying I must pay. What am I liable for since it's filed in the courts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you were served with the lawsuit originally, and the judgment came after that, then you would be liable for the amount of the judgment. Also, if the judgment calls for interest and other fees, you could be liable for that as well.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

This, what you're liable for depends on the content of the order.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

But, if you were not initially served with process, it could be possible to file a motion to set aside the judgment.