Need case law on rewards programs of agencies. I need a case…

Customer Question
Need case law on rewards...
Need case law on rewards programs of agencies. I need a case which states the rewards programs are unilateral contracts.Check Supreme Court and Appeals courts, and, 11th Circuit first.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/26/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

I can do the case law research...however, this will take time (perhaps an hour or more)

I can send the offer if you are interested

Release case

Sorry...what does that mean? "release case"

let other attorneys look at request
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

Thank you for your question.

Please describe the situation a little more.

Another attorney gave me a satisfactory answer.

It is so well settled that an offer of a reward that can only be accepted by performance is often called a unilateral contract that it has not been easy to find a case that says that from the jurisdictions you mentioned. The classic case on this issue commonly taught in law schools is Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Co [1893] 1 QB 256 Court of Appeal
posted at

http://www.e-lawresources.co.uk/Carlill-v-Carbolic-Smoke-Ball-Co.php

The only US Supreme Court case I have located that discusses a reward offered by a government agency is posted at

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/92/73/case.html

but in that case the offer had been revoked prior to acceptance.

Please clarify what exactly you are looking for. It would help if I had more of the facts.

There are cases stating police cannot collect rewards when apprehending someone is already part of their job, but I really do not understand what context your question arises from.