Can a seller remove things from the property after it went…

Customer Question
Can a seller remove things...
Can a seller remove things from the property after it went under contract. ( lawnmower from outdoor shed in the backyard )in pa Franklin county
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/26/2016
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If it is not a permanent fixture, it may be removed.

Unless, in the contract it specifies the lawn mower is a part of the sale. Then it has to stay.

But for instance, if there is a 100 year old chandelier and it is attached to the home, it must stay, unless the house was shown without the chandelier or if it is stipulated it will not be a part of the sale and replaced before the buyers settle.

In this case, the shed also could be moved if it isn't permanently affixed like to a concrete platform or if it was not stipulated in the contract. However, of course, a garage could not because it is attached.

And in the case of a chandelier, the bulbs can be removed if it is to be a part of the sale. That would be the same as removing the lawnmower from a permanently affixed shed.