How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33555
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I access US statutes at large chap 48,48 stat#112? A

Customer Question

How can I access US statutes at large chap 48,48 stat#112? A judge told me that when Congress removed money from circulation that Congress passed that law requiring UNITED STATES to pay for the debts of the people-dollar for dollar. She also said that Utility companies, bill the government and are paid. Then the utility company sends a "statement" to the user, who usually doesn't know what a statement is, and thinking it a true bill pays it again. Since the national debt is owed the people, then if the government pays something owed to the people, that should diminish the national debt.
thank you,
vic ****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

The US Statutes at Large is a generic name for every statute, law, code, treaty, or ordinance of any type enacted by Congress since its inception.

Unfortunately, there is no law with the designation chap 48, 48 Stat#112.

I recognize the argument you are using and, leaving aside whether I agree or disagree with it, I think what you are looking for is Joint Resolution 192, 48 Stat. 112. That is the law passed bu Congress in 1933 which abrogated the Gold Standard and formally required that obligations of the United States would be exchanged by the Department of the Treasury by gold or silver coins of the same denomination, and replaced it with the current standard which provides that obligations "shall be discharged upon payment, dollar for dollar, in any coin or currency which at time of payment is legal tender for public and private debts."

The law, which was affirmed as constitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court in Norman v. Baltimore & O. R. Co., 294 U.S. 240 (U.S. 1935), effectively permits U.S. currency to "float" with the exchange rates of other nations, because the currency is valued whatever someone is willing to pay for it, either in other currency or in goods or service.

You can read what that law says at

I don't know of an online source to the actual law.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You can order a copy of the law at, but there will be a charge for it and the wikisource link I gave you is the actual language of the law.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.