I have 3 past duis in fla. I have taken care of all fines…

Customer Question
I have 3 past duis...
I have 3 past duis in fla. I have taken care of all fines and probation of 5 yrs..my duo was almost 7 yrs ago and have no other offences since 2009. I've been living in ga for over 6 yrs. Can I get a ga licence
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/26/2016
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Yes, you can get a license in Georgia, but not in Florida because as you may know conviction of a third DUI carries a penalty of not less than 10 years of Driver's License revocation in Florida. See Florida Statutes Chapter 322 Sections 322.271 and 322.28. Georgia does not provide for revocation of Driver's License. See Official Code of Georgia Title 40 Chapter 6 Article 15 Section 40-6-391.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law