How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 109313
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a freind with a 12 yr boy and a 9 yr girl from s

Customer Question

I have a freind with a 12 yr boy and a 9 yr girl from s Africa. Here on b1 visa. Came on vacation but her ex started saying she came here to take kids away but he hasn't seen the girl but maybe three times since a baby. She had a court order drawn to be able to leave for vacation. On the court order there is a mistake cause it says no support was paid but that father does pay support. Also says doesn't have contact with girl. But he has seen him just those few times. So she said why would I lie when I know he was gonna get the copy of court order as named father. Of coarse there is record right in her bank account. The attorney said she needed to have it state it as no contact cause that really wasn't like he was really visiting her or anything like that. So she signed it as instructed by attorney. Now ex received copy of order and started causing a blown out of proposition story. She had planned on applying for change of status but now wants to claim asylum cause they are putting adds in newsletters saying she is kidnapping kids and all this other stuff. also ex called recent colleuge and found a guy she was doing biz with that recently backed out of biz with her cause she doesn't want to live with him. So this college now has joined the eitch hunt and he has tons of money to waste on revenge. Now boys dad is teaming up with them. Now her attorney in s Africa said she needs to give her a return date but before when asked she said don't reply to any of these accusations. Now return plane tic date has passed and she is so scared of what she can do now. Please help. Thanks Zach
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Ok, so this is a question about what she can do to stay in the U.S.?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I need you to be clear that the idea of this question is that you want to know what she can do to stay in the U.S., correct? If so, I need to know who would be persecuting her in her country and why. I would also need to know what level of education she has, if she has a job offer, and if she has money to invest and how much. Thank you in advance for your response.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I don't understand why people come here for help then refuse to respond when someone tries to help them. Anyway, I will try to answer without your response. If she is in danger of persecution, she can apply for Asylum (she had to have done this within the 1st year of being in the U.S. unless there is a credible excuse or changed country conditions). She will have to prove that she fears to return to her home country because she believes that she will be specifically targeted due to her race, religion, nationality, social group or political opinion and that she runs a high risk of great bodily injury, torture, or death as a result. Here is a link:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. You can even ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Zach. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.