When I went through my divorce, 8 years ago the attorney…

Customer Question
***** ***** When...

***** ***** When I went through my divorce, 8 years ago the attorney filed a QDRO - they didnt date it right and never would refile it - I was just wondering if I could do it myself

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The judge said I would get half of his retirement, which at the time was $20,000 - but I can not get it without the correct QDRO filed

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/25/2016
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What do you mean, it wasn't dated correctly? Please explain?

2. Has it already been signed by the judge?

3. Was it served on the pension plan administrator?

4. Why would they not refile it? Was there an issue with legal fees being outstanding that made your attorney refuse to finish the job?

Doug