Do we have the right to return a car purchased within three…

Customer Question
do we have the right...
do we have the right to return a car purchased within three days for a refund
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/25/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Unless the contract allows it, vehicle purchases do not come with a rescission or cancellation policy. The 3 day right to rescission/cooling off period, only apply in limited circumstances, like the ones I have shared below

Three-Day Right of Rescission

• Door-to-door sales
  • Any solicitation credit transaction involving four or more payments (excluding the down payment) made at your home that does not involve a credit card. Your legal rights can be found in Colorado Revised Statutes 5-2-501-5 and 5-2-104 and 5-1-301(12). Any credit transaction that could result in a lien being placed on your home comes with a three-day cancellation period (home improvement repairs). See the Uniform Commercial Credit Code Loan information in Colorado Revised Statutes 5-5-204.
  • All health club contracts are covered in Colorado Revised Statutes 6-1-105 (t)(I).
  • Pledges of cash or purchases made to benefit a nonprofit organization. The rescission period begins within three days of receiving written confirmation of the contribution from the charity.
  • Telemarketing contracts

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney