I have received a garnishment summons judgement dated

Customer Question
I have received a garnishment...
I have received a garnishment summons for a judgement dated 7/14/2007...isn't this past the 6 year limitation for MN
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/25/2016
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Unfortunately the statute of limitations on a civil judgment in MN is 10 years under MN Statutes 541.04.

(https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/statutes/?id=541.04)

.

So they are still within the timeframe for pursuing collection on the judgment.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks