I retired from the U.S.P.S. on a medical disability.I am…

Customer Question
I retired from the U.S.P.S...
I retired from the U.S.P.S. on a medical disability.I am currently working another job. My doctor has diagnosed me with Parkinson's disease and feels I may be able to work another two years. I am currently 59.My 'high-3' average salary was $48,219. I am allowed to earn 80% of my final salary which was around $38,780. This year I earned $40,555. Do they take into account any COLAS? Due to all my illnesses and financial troubles, I have very little left in my accounts, Will I lose the U,S,P.S benefits?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/25/2016
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You need not worry. You will NOT lose your benefits. What happens is that they will reduce your benefit to the maximum amount allowed of your total income. That means for nexr year they will reduce your disability payment by $1775.00 over the course of the year.

They may reduce in in one lump sum or reduce your monthly payment by 147.92. It is only a temporary reduction and your payments will resume to the normal amount after the overage is recovered.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.