Can a retired pa lawyer join the pa bar association?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/24/2016
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.

I am not sure I understand the question.

Is the retired PA lawyer still licensed to practice law in PA?

Please clarify.

I will be tetiring in the next 3 months at 69 years of age. I now live in GA.

Thank you for your follow up.

Are you planing to maintain your PA Bar license active and also comply with PA CLE requirement?

No I want to appy for retirement certification.

Thank you for your follow up.

An attorney can switch his/her PA Bar membership into inactive status upon requirement and here is the link to PA Bar website that explains the process:

http://www.padisciplinaryboard.org/newsroom/rules/2009/0616.php

While an attorney who puts his/her license in an inactive status would remain a member of the PA Bar, however, the member would not be eligible to practice law in PA, while the license with PA Bar remains inactive.

I wish you the best of luck!