How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34714
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My nephew rec'd a dui in Kansas. He jow has the the

Customer Question

My nephew rec'd a dui in Kansas. He jow has the the breathilizer in his car for 2 yrs; serving his 48 hrs. for the DUI this weekend. He would like to return to the Chicago area...can he transfer his 2 yr. sentence from KS to IL to serve it out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This is possible. That is, there is a process that allows transfer or parolees and probationers from one state to another

It is based on the "Interstate Commission for Adult Offender Supervision"

This is an agreement between the states that covers how the transfer can be accomplished. is not automatic. Your nephew will need to make the request to his local probation officer. They are the ones who must initiate this.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.