How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118066
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to Vacate a Unlawful Detainer Stipulation based on

Customer Question

Hello, I need to Vacate a Unlawful Detainer Stipulation based on Ineffective assistance of counsel I can prove. What form and where do I find it that needs to be filed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The practice of law is not really done by cookbook forms I am sorry to say. Some courts make some forms available and some do not. A stipulation is considered an agreement between the parties, so vacating one is generally not going to be possible, but to try to do so this has to be done by a Motion to Vacate Stipulation Agreement and it is a motion that is written from scratch. You would have to explain in the motion "good cause" for vacating, which would be only that you never agreed to the terms of the stipulation or you were provided false information upon which you agreed to the stipulation.
If you tell us your state (since we are not a forms library) we can try to search for a sample blank motion for that state, but we cannot provide you just a fill in the blank form if they do not exist.