LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I cosigned on a car loan with my husband.. He was the

Customer Question

I cosigned on a car loan with my husband.. He was the primary cosigner.. I guess my question is if my credit and income wasnt what got us the car in first place (it took both of us) Can and will they allow me to keep vehicle if I make the payments?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern and am sorry about your loss. Based upon what you shared above, there should be no issues with you keeping the car. I say this because you are BOTH on the loan and as long as you continue to make the payments, the finance company would have no reason or basis to take the car back. Even though it took both of you, his passing does not mean they can and will just take the car back. Their concern and how they make their money is by you making the payments, so as long as that happens, they should allow you to keep the car.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!