How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance was recently sentenced in Illinois and run/death.

Customer Question

My fiance was recently sentenced in Illinois for hit and run/death. His sentence was 4 years with a recommendation for bootcamp which he would only be required to serve the 120 days. He was taken to Stateville Correction facility for processing. While he was there waiting for a bed for the bootcamp program he was given several jobs to perform. There was an incident where he was asked to clean a toilet filled with feces and vomit and he asked for a mask and gloves. The correction officer became very upset with him and asked another inmate to do the job. They then locked him down 24/7 and he believes that he was removed from the bootcamp program because in a weeks time he was transferred to Vandalia Correction Center where it seems as if he's doing his time. He never spoke with a counselor or had a hearing regarding the incident. In the prisoner handbook it states that a hearing must be granted in order for a decision to be made. again this never happened. We need to know the legal steps to take for someone to look into this matter and find out if in fact he was treated fair or even who made the decision that he would be not considered for the bootcamp program.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Have you tried filing a formal complaint with the Illinois Department of Corrections?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

That should be the first step so that these actions are placed under review.