I am selling out my dairy business and have employees in…

Customer Question
I am selling out my...
I am selling out my dairy business and have employees in houses .what is my legal time frame to ask them to move out? or what form do I serve them to leave 3 day notice or sixty day notice all employees have lived on dairy more than a year
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/23/2016
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

All these employees are considered tenants at will and are legally treated as month to month tenants. For those employees that have lived there one year or more, they must be given written notice of at least 60 days to terminate their tenancies; for those less than one year, only 30 days written notice of termination is required. If they don't leave on or before their respective termination dates, then under CA law, you will be required to give a 3-Day Notice to Quit...meaning they must vacate the premises within that period or face formal eviction. Then, if those that still don't leave, you will have to file unlawful detainer petitions for an eviction order. Once that is granted...you can have the sheriff evict. You can find the applicable forms at this link: http://www.courts.ca.gov/1288.htm

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!