We are trying to obtain the records of sale Bank of America,

Customer Question
We are trying to obtain...
We are trying to obtain the records of sale for the Bank of America , the sales of the deeds of trust and notes, and who they sold them too, for 2012 to Date, any ideas? who i would reach out to using the freedom of information act?***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/23/2016
Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Unfortunately, the freedom of information act does not appear to apply in this case. The freedom of information act requires the disclosure of information held by the government. The bank doesn't have to comply with the freedom of information act.

The easiest way to determine what you're trying to find is to get the borrower of the deed of trust and note to write a qualified written request (QWR) to Bank of America.

A QWR is a written correspondence that a borrower can send to a mortgage servicer. The purpose of a QWR is to dispute an error relating to the servicing of the mortgage or to request information about the servicing of your mortgage loan. One side of information that the borrower can demand is the name of the secured party who owns the loan. The mortgage servicer must respond to the QWR within 30 days.

Does that help? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Thats all fine im trying to find out how i can get a list of BOA Deeds of Trust and Notes that they sold and who they sold them too? Can i get such a list. i have reached out to the SEC and IRS with no humans to ask the question to. thanks
Gordon***@******.***

Hi again.

I don't know of a way to get such information. Bank of America is a private entity. Obviously, some information is public because it is a publicly traded company and a national bank, but that doesn't mean that all aspects of its business is available for public scrutiny.

In any event, since I don't know how to obtain the information that you are seeking (other than what I mentioned above), I will opt out and allow another attorney to respond if he/she knows of a different way to get the information. Good luck!

Thank you !
We need to identify all of the notes/deeds of trust that were approved by the OCC/Federal Reserve for BOA to sell/transfer to other lenders, including Nationstar as a loan servicer since January 1, 2012. We are looking for a database which will show the specific property addresses, legal descriptions, and borrower names. Most of the sales/transfers were probably accomplished by Corporate Assignments of the notes/deeds of trust.
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Different contributor here. It's been a few days since you originally posted this question. Do you still require assistance?

very much so. please advise

Okay thanks!

What you've now described is a "horse of a different color." Had the original contributor known that the documents you seek were subject to OCC/FRB approval, then he probably would have told you that those agencies absolutely will be subject to Freedom of Information Act inquiries. So, without further adieu, here are the relevant links and info:

OCC Freedom of Information Act request

FRB Freedom of Information Act request

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Sorry, but the links didn't take with my previous message. I'll try again:

http://foia-pal.occ.gov/palMain.aspx

http://www.federalreserve.gov/forms/efoiaform.aspx

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

thank you

You're welcome. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!