Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My question is related to Regional Centers in California who

Customer Question
itiated services to the developmental...
My question is related to Regional Centers in California who itiated services to the developmental disabled individuals. They contract with "vendors" who provide services to the aforementioned population. I am a vendor (business) who was recently de-vendored late week fore alledged non compliance that involved no client abuse, neglect, fraud or criminal activity. I was terminated for hiring 3 people before being backgrounded check (all have no criminal record), no documentations of staff meetings over a year, and no documentaion of checking on applicants past employment before hiring them. I feel the termination was petty and unfair. I have been harassed constatnly over the past 3 years by regional center administration because I did a whistleblower on one of their supervisors. I now want to dissolve my old business and re-open with a new name in a new regional center catchment area since I have great rapport and worjking relations with other centers. My question is can I open up at another regional center with my new name?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Additional questions: 1) my vendoriaztion with the vendorizing regional center expires in 3 weeks, and I won't be able to work with them. However, I have a "courtesy" vendorization with another regional center in different catchment area than the other center. Will I be able to keep this, or does everthing go? 2) will I ever be able to get vendored again or not? 3) I have a current employee (12 yeras) who is very experienced and knows the business, would it be good idea for her to apply for vendorization? 4) could I work for her as an employee w/o issue?
Answered in 1 day by:
1/24/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
First and foremost, if you let your vendor license go, you would lose the courtesy vendor agreement as well. If you want to maintain that courtesy agreement you would have to reapply. Since you were terminated you need to appeal the termination here and you need to present your proof that the termination of your agreement was improper and prove that there was no harm in your actions as the employees ultimately passed their background check as you knew they would.
Your other alternative is to close this company and form a new company with new owner names to apply for a vendor license agreement in the area where you still have a good relationship under that company name.
The only way your current company will get renewed would be you have to file an appeal and prove in the appeal that the grounds for termination of the contract was improper and was not for good cause.
You could work for the company as a consultant or an employee in that case.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney