How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my room mates were having some problems. Once, he

Customer Question

Me and my room mates were having some problems. Once, he woke me up at 6:00 AM on a Sunday and told me to clean the bathroom. I told that, I will clean it later. Since then, he has been throwing tissue at the doorstep of my room.I have video evidence of it. I complained this in the apartment office. They told that, they cannot do anything about it as it is within room mates. So, to make it tit for tat, I started throwing water in his room.
Now, he complained to the police that I have beaten him someday and he feels threatened by me and that he has video evidence of me throwing water in his room. He also told that, it is not water but urine.
The officer who came to talk to me told me that, as he does not have any crime against me, he cannot do anything against me right now. But, if he goes to court and the court gives a restraining order, then I have to vacate the apartment.
I want to know, how can the court give a restraining order based on this ? What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a working individual , so a restraining order really looks bad on my profile.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel. I will provide you information in this regard.

When it is a he said/he said type of case, the judge is going to consider credibility. Your credibility comes in the form of the videos showing him throwing the tissue at your door in a way to harass. I suggest you can file harassment charges and also seek a restraining order before he does.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only edivence he has I think, is me throwing water in his room which he claims to be urine. I want to know, can a judge give restraining order against me solely based on this ? Do, I need to pay anything to appeal for harassment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, can I get a restraining order on basis of the video of him throwing tissue at my door step?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

You can get a RO using your video evidence yes.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

And he can get one based on his video evidence.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

And so the first one to get one the other would need to vacate the premises.