Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is it legal to record us having sex in s house without my

Customer Question
Is it legal for someone...
Is it legal for someone to record us having sex in his house without my consent?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
1/22/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Thanks for your question and good evening.

It is not legal to do so.It would be considered and invasion of your privacy here in Colorado.

You are able to report this tot he police and have the person prosecuted.You are also able to file a civil suit here under Colorado law.If the person has homeowners coverage they would likely pay a claim here or any judgment from your civil suit.Often these are settled off a demand letter and copy of criminal complaint.

Colorado prohibits anyone from knowingly observing or taking any visual images of another person’s body without consent in situations where the subject of the filming or photography has a reasonable expectation of privacy. These are the so called “Peeping Tom” laws CRS 18-7-801.

Any person who knowingly observes or takes a photograph of another person’s intimate parts without that person’s consent, and in a situation where the person photographed has a reasonable expectation of privacy, commits criminal invasion of privacy. A “photograph” is defined as and includes a photograph, motion picture, videotape, live feed, print, negative, slide, or other mechanically, electronically, digitally, or chemically reproduced visual material (CRS 18-7-801).

I hope you will report this to the police and then have lawyer send demand letter and sue if necessary for the harm you have gone through.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Privacy lawyer for you to pursue this.

http://www.avvo.com/privacy-lawyer/co.html

Ray, Lawyer