How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41027
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it legal to record us having sex in s house without my

Customer Question

Is it legal for someone to record us having sex in his house without my consent?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question and good evening.

It is not legal to do so.It would be considered and invasion of your privacy here in Colorado.

You are able to report this tot he police and have the person prosecuted.You are also able to file a civil suit here under Colorado law.If the person has homeowners coverage they would likely pay a claim here or any judgment from your civil suit.Often these are settled off a demand letter and copy of criminal complaint.

Colorado prohibits anyone from knowingly observing or taking any visual images of another person’s body without consent in situations where the subject of the filming or photography has a reasonable expectation of privacy. These are the so called “Peeping Tom” laws CRS 18-7-801.

Any person who knowingly observes or takes a photograph of another person’s intimate parts without that person’s consent, and in a situation where the person photographed has a reasonable expectation of privacy, commits criminal invasion of privacy. A “photograph” is defined as and includes a photograph, motion picture, videotape, live feed, print, negative, slide, or other mechanically, electronically, digitally, or chemically reproduced visual material (CRS 18-7-801).

I hope you will report this to the police and then have lawyer send demand letter and sue if necessary for the harm you have gone through.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Privacy lawyer for you to pursue this.

Related Legal Questions