How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need an attorney, I would like to know the time frame,

Customer Question

I need an attorney, I would like to know the time frame, for the statue of limitations for a 51/50.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Who would you be suing, and why?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would being suing all invoved, simply because it was,not right for me to be placed on a 51/ 50 hold because there is no background at all such as criminal, medical or anything else, it was told to me that the community, a neighbor or neighbors were invoved.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Who caused you to be placed on the 5150? The police or a physician?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have 54.00$dollars, so I would like to continue,just as we are doing now which is typing the information in. if that is o.k. with you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Of course. Who caused you to be placed on the 5150? The police or a physician?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to make sure it is not too late to obtain an attorney, the statue of limitations (the time line, the latest I can something done about this situation it happened 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The time line , statue of limitations for a 51/50, it happened 5 months ago, I need an attorney.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Different expert here.

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

You need to move very quickly here (do look for counsel, you will want assistance here as you are very likely going to be trying to sue one or more governmental agencies or officers).

While the statute of limitations for personal injury in California is 2 years from the date of injury, the statute of limitations for a claim against a governmental agency or entity is 6 months.

As your claim originated 5 months ago, you are just inside the statute, but you must move rapidly!

Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).