Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I put something in my pocket got caught the manager let me

Customer Question

I put something in my pocket got caught the manager let me pay for it and didn't csll police can the arrest me later
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Technically, this would be considered theft even if the person was caught and paid for it. Or rather, it may be considered attempted theft - still a criminal action.

So yes, technically he can still call the police and the police may charge someone in your situation with a low-level crime (I am assuming whatever the item was, it was not too costly). However, if the boss allowed you to pay for it and showed no intention of calling the authorities, it is very unlikely that they would do so now.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I am checking in because you have not rated positively. To me this means you may have another question. Please let me know – I am simply touching base. Thanks!