My name is orsi do you have experience with Minnesota law?

Customer Question
Hello. my name is...

Hello. my name is ***** ***** you have experience with Minnesota law?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Hello,They sent me a traffic citation with School Bus Stop Arm Violation offense in mail. The citation was issued 12/3/15 and the stamp on the envelop is 12/15/15. I got this mail to my hands this month (two days ago) because of a special circumstance. I called the court and they told me I can not pay any fine online and I have no right to meet a hearing officer, I have to be present on a court date, which was sent to me in a different mail on 12/18/2015. When I called them I changed the date they offered originally so the final court date is 03/08/2016 at 8:30. I'm not local just moved here and I still don't have MN driver license yet, I will take the test this month. My license is from NV. My question is what can I expect from the court? Thank you,

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I have not much time... but i can see back later

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/22/2016
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Orsi,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The first court appearance you make will be for the judge to tell you what violation you are accused of and to ask if you want to plead guilty or not guilty.

If you plead guilty the judge will order a fine and that will be the end of it.

If you plead not guilty you will be given a trial date where you will be able to be represented by an attorney if you want, and you will be able to show why you do not believe that you violated the law as alleged.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug