I live in Texas. My question is this: if I have signed a…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I live in Texas. My question is this: if I have signed a document on the third page and the name was printed wrong in the system and after I left, the employee of the business changed my name on just the documents to reflect the real spelling of my name, do I have to come in to resign the paper work as the first two pages are different now?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well lets say it is with a suffix, this is not for me but someone else. Lets use this as a scenario, if my name is ***** ***** IV and I didn't notice that the paper work had billy bob and I only signed billy bob, can the business after I leave correct their mistake and add the iv to the document and just keep the last page I signed with page one and two without having me come back in to sign?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/22/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. They should not have corrected it without your authorization, and you would have put your initials by the correction.

However, provided that they did not change any actual verbiage, this does not impact the contract overall. It is still binding unto both parties, even if the name was misspelled in the original. This is because a person is bound by a contract they sign even if their name is ***** ***** they use a fake name, or an alias.

Provided that there was a "meeting of the minds" for the contract, it is still binding.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Hello again. I am checking in because you have not rated positively. To me this means you may have another question. Please let me know – I am simply touching base. Thanks!