How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Kenner Louisiana/can you please help me with 1

Customer Question

I live in Kenner Louisiana/can you please help me with 1 question? I am in need of flooring repair work a neighbor who owns rental properties recommended a floor installer however problem is he has no insurance /my neighbor said all she does is have him sign a paper that she will not be responsible for any injuries he may incur on jobsite/is this paper a binding contract that would protect me/or is this a worthless piece of paper/my neighbor said he has been doing work in her rental properties for years and does beautiful work however insurance is too high/I just want to protect myself/please advise if you can/thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

It is possible that you could protect yourself IF you get the flooring contractor to sign a contract that says he's an independent contractor and that he is solely responsible for his employees while working on the job....and that he agrees to indemnify you and hold you harmless for any problems, injuries, claims, etc. that arise during the course of his work on your property.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Other than requiring the contractor to have a bond or liability insurance, that's about the best protection you can get from liability if someone is injured on your property during the course of this work.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you need anything further, please let me know. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks.

Related Legal Questions