Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I set an appointment siding estimate with Floridian Home

Customer Question

Hello, I set an appointment for a siding estimate with Floridian Home Improvement and they sent out a guy who pushed me into a contract for much more $38,500. I told him I needed to talk to my son and need time but he said I could sign to reserve the price. So I read the contract and sent them there cancel transaction signed and mailed within the 3 day limit. After some time they had not called so I called them and they gave me a run around about not knowing company policy and need to send someone out. I reluctantly agreed and two guys came to my house with the same pushy not take no for an answer attitude. They said if price is an issue we can do better and you will be a show home for future business and started writing up what they could do. I told them a dozen times that I want to think about it and again they said I was under no pressure to buy but asked me to sign an addendum to contract to secure price. I asked if I was obligated in any way if I signed, they said NO so I signed but did not date paper. They told me I would hear from someone in the office by the end of the week. After waiting that week and an additional week I called them and was told I signed and the windows are ordered.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Just to be clear, there was nothing in the addendum which would have allowed you to back out and cancel and you just relied on their verbal representation?

Hi, are you still with me?