Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My doctor prescribed a different weight loss drug and didn't

Customer Question

My doctor prescribed a different weight loss drug for me and didn't put any refills on the script. I added 3 to it turned it in got my one script filled an went on my way. I didn't think anything about it because I knew I would have to see him again to get it refilled. He had me on something different for over a year.
Don't know why I did this never have done anything like this ever!
Guess I'm desperate to loose weight. Anyway my Dr's nurse called me and questioned this and of course realizing I got caught trying to take a short cut I denied it. When I got the text from the pharmacy it just had a Rx # ***** really didn't know what it was I have refilled my inhaler via txt the last 2 times, assumed it was this until I got the call. Had an appt with him the next day which I cancelled didn't want to admit and was embarrassed.
Today i get home and there is a card on my door from the sherriffs dept to serve papers doesn't say for whom or what. I called the # ***** left a message.
Im panicking. I have a fanily I am a 50 year old woman with NO arrest record or any record anywhere except bad credit.
what should I do??
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Under Florida Statute § 831.30, it is a second-degree misdemeanor (for the first offense) if a person falsely makes, alters, or forges any prescription for a medicinal drug, knowingly causes such prescription to be falsely made, altered, forged, or counterfeited, or passes, utters, or publishes such prescription or otherwise knowingly holds out such false or forged prescription as true. That's likely what you'd be facing given the facts above.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

A second degree misdemeanor is punishable by up to 60 days in jail and a $500.00 fine.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The best thing you can do is consult a local criminal defense attorney to contact the authorities and try to work out a deal with you before making contact with the authorities.