Had a dui in 2012. Just want to purchase a gun but Un aware…

Customer Question
Had a dui in 2012...
Had a dui in 2012. Just want to purchase a gun but Un aware if I am able to.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/21/2016
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

If your 2012 misdemeanor was your first DUI or your second Pennsylvania DUI, then you have not lost either your state or your Federal gun rights and there would be no reason you couldn't purchase a gun in Pennsylvania. If it was your third DUI, however, then that would be a criminal offense for which you could do more than a year in jail, which means you could not purchase a gun.