How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19625
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being continually harassed by my ex husband since 1990.

Customer Question

I am being continually harassed by my ex husband since 1990. He also harasses my family and co workers as well as co workers of my brothers and sisters. He lives in California. I left him and we were divorced on 1993. I moved to Canada where the harassment started. The police were involved which led to a Canada wide warrant for his arrest but the law could do no more than that. I now live in Switzerland. The police and Interpol were involved 5 years ago because of a threat of murder towards my husband that was left on an answering machine which led to a visit to him by the police in California. The police stated that they would only do this once for me as I'm in Switzerland. The activity stopped for a year but it has now continued terribly. Cyber mail, telephone messages, letters by post to me and to my extended family and their coworkers. What can I do to stop this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to contact the District Attorney's Office in California in the County in California where he resides and file complaint. Click here for the contact information:

You should also contact the Police again eventhough they say that they can only help you once.