How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27992
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was served by sherriff n county texas,legal documents

Customer Question

i was served by sherriff n taylor county texas,legal documents saying i had 20 business days to prove money siezed frm me wen i was arrested nov29,15..i was served jan5,16..i called my court appnted attorney&left him a message.he nevr called me back.i called him 2days ago&was told by his staff,thats not his job,that i hav to hire a attorney to get my money back.Is ther a writ i can submitted to court for a extention for more time to gather my witnesses&get copies of proof of my income...and further educated myself on codes,rules,etc to represent myself &try&get my money back
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. A party can file a motion with the court, for an extension of time to respond. In the body of the motion, the moving party wants to show good cause and explain why they need more time to respond and can not do so, by the end of the 20th business day. In this case, based upon what you shared, you would need to explain to the court that you are handling this on your own, need time to prepare and educate yourself about the procedure and to gather evidence and just how much more time you need. You want to show that the matter should be decided on the merits, rather then have you defaulted or waive your rights, by just running out of time.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!