How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have the usual conundrum. Looking of employment daughter's

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have the usual conundrum. Looking for proof of employment for my daughter's father.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its for child support. He works two jobs. Today in court he brought in patsy's for the second, part-time job. In court he says he makes less than 10K a year. But I know he drives a truck for the post office.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. I can provide his social security number.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you know he is working for the post office, have your attorney subpoena his employee record of some sort or paystubs from the post office and present it in court. This is a fairly common strategy that nonpaying fathers do. Also, any pictures of the truck would be helpful.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an attorney. Are there search engines I can use to input his social security # ***** find employment and tax info?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

There are websites like that but I am not sure how reliable they are. Your better bet would be to contact your state's workforce commission. Employers are supposed to report info about employees to them.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?