My name is ***** *****. I am interested in learning more…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I am interested in learning more about South Carolina Law with respect to usury.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Is it true that SC has no usury maximum?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I would be willing to pay to have multiple questions answered by a SC attorney that was very familiar with stae banking and lending law

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/20/2016
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

When it comes to non-consumer transactions in South Carolina, there is no general usury limitation. The South Carolina Consumer Protection Code sets forth the maximum rates for interest on consumer transactions.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?