How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117372
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I fired a worker who stole thousands off dollars of my tools

Customer Question

i fired a worker who stole thousands off dollars of my tools i tried the police they cant do anything because he has them hidden well i supply him with a phone still have the numbers and want to clone his phone so i can find were he has my tools then the cops can get him for it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MichaelHannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You cannot clone his phone wiihout a warrant as it would be considered unauthorized wiretapping, even if you are paying for his phone. If you have any evidence at all he is stealing, even if the police do not want to do anything against him (that is their discretion) you can still file a civil suit against the employee for monetary damages and seek civil compensation from him for the losses you are suffering.