Can i sue a fast food restaurant a foreign object in my food…

Customer Question
Can i sue a fast...
Can i sue a fast food restaurant for finding a foreign object in my food which caused me to lose a filling?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/20/2016
Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Yes, this is negligence.

The value of your suit is going to be limited to the actual cost of replacement or repair of the filling, so you may want to try negotiating a settlement with the restaurant before suing them (most restaurant chains have mechanisms in place to deal with these types of claims to help both parties avoid the time and expense of litigation).

For help in filing a small claims suit, see: https://www.legalaidnc.org/public/learn/publications/small-claims/default.aspx