How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there an action tht can be taken against members in a

Customer Question

is there an action tht can be taken against members in a neighborhood that have appealed my approval from zoining board
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of your difficulty in getting your property zoning application through.

Unfortunately your neighbor is exercising their right to participate in the public political process. If you were to sue them, they would respond with an "Anti-SLAPP" (special litigation against public participation) motion and you would be forced to pay their legal fees for having to respond to your lawsuit.

Zoning is part of the legislative (and therefore public participation) process and you must accept this kind of activity.

I do understand this is probably not the information you wanted to hear, but I do hope that it is helpful (and at least can save you the trouble and expense of filing a suit that will result in you having to pay them!).

I wish you the best of luck with your land use matter.