How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Story shortened dramatically, I 't know what I should do and

Customer Question

Long story shortened dramatically, I don't know what I should do and I thought about taking this woman to court a couple times now. Met this girl in the summer last year at a job I worked at, nice girl, she asked to borrow money from me and would pay me back. So I gave her some, asked for more and some more, I was like no problem, at $4100 I stopped and when she got to $1000 she signed a contract to pay me back, first payment was October in 2015 and its now almost Feb of 2016 and it was for $200 a month. She hasn't paid me a penny yet, and she claims to have gotten a number phone number, she didn't give me that so I could get a hold of her. So my only form of communication was with FaceBook messager, and she just blocked me from it. So I don't know how to talk to her anymore and she hasn't paid me either and I need my money back, what do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is this girl still working at the same job?

2. What information do you have about her identity?

3. Have you contacted your former employer looking for this girl?

Thanks in advance,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is not at the same job, but if she is telling me the truth, she mentioned like a week ago she works at 8 and groespeck, I know her name, I could find Facebook info on her, she is going to dental assistant school now, and wants to be a dentist in her future, again if she is telling me the truth. And the former employer won't know anything about her whereabouts, because we left the job about the same time, I know where her mom lives and where she used to, but claims she lives with her aunt and uncle in marine city now.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the additional information. Because of the issues involved in you even being able to start a lawsuit against this person, and the fact that you don't know exactly where she is, for me to realistically help you I need to speak with you directly. I offered you a call at the lowest price I could. Please accept the call offer so I can talk you through the process that you will want to follow in finding her suing her and collecting a judgment against her.

4. Where is she going to dental assisting school?

5. Do you have any friends in common? Perhaps from Facebook?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to give you all this info, I could probably find all of it some how buy talking to someone that knows her, so you're not really helping me because I asked a questions what should I do, what would you do in my situation? I don't have the time to talk about her life story and all the info you need right now, as I work and go and school and try to make a living for my self. But I'm going to find someone else to help me out, you have told me nothing thus far, thanks for your time, and please remove the charges from my credit card, I thought it was free, but it clearly wasn't. No further questions.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You wrote: because I asked a questions what should I do, what would you do in my situation? Which is precisely what I intend to talk with you about. But you have a bigger problem here in that you don't know where she is.

Perhaps if you were more specific in your question I could assist you. But asking what can I do is very over-broad and i could go on for hours and never answer what you may think you are asking.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it also says lawyers on call free, but I'm no lawyer here, but $5 for a call is not free, and the $5 and $42 charges on my credit card is also not free either, so like I just stated, I will find someone else to help me, please remove the credit card charges because it clearly wasn't free. I don't have an extra $50-100 dollars or what ever it will eventually end up being to pay for something that is "free."
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

If you need assistance with billing, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-#### I do not work for the site. I am a user of the site, just like you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. ***** appreciate your time. Have a great evening Doug.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You as well!