Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How must a video deposition be stored for?
, Sure what

Customer Question
Customer: How long must a...
Customer: How long must a video deposition be stored for?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure what is the length of time a video deposition must be stored before it can be destroyed ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/19/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What state is this in, please?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Illinois
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Thank you.
First of all: "Consistent with Opinion No. 94-13, the Committee does not believe that a lawyer is required to
act as a storage facility for clients, and therefore the lawyer is entitled to compensation for the
reasonable expense involved in retrieving the files in question and providing copies of materials
that the client has already received. The lawyer is also entitled to compensation for the
reasonable expense of providing copies of any materials, such as routine administrative
correspondence with third parties, that the client may not have received because the lawyer had
no duty to provide the client with copies of such materials in the normal course of the
representation, but to which the client is entitled to access upon reasonable request."
(Opinion No. 94-14)
Having said that, per Supreme Court Rule 769, the length of time for retention in general is 7 years.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Hello again. I am checking in because you have not rated positively. To me this means you may have another question. Please let me know – I am simply touching base. Thanks!
(Let me know if you don't see the answer.)
Ely, Counselor at Law