Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

How in mississippi due you have to run an add in the paper

Customer Question

how long in mississippi due you have to run an add in the paper searching for heirs
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of experience handling litigation matters like this one before you. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

You have to run an add for in a local newspaper for three consecutive weeks for relative and for creditors or people that have an interest in the estate.

2) The executor or administrator shall file with the clerk of the court an affidavit stating that such executor or administrator has made reasonably diligent efforts to identify persons having claims against the estate and has given notice by mail as required in subsection (1) of this section to all persons so identified. Upon filing such affidavit, it shall be the duty of the executor or administrator to publish in some newspaper in the county a notice requiring all persons having claims against the estate to have the same probated and registered by the clerk of the court granting letters, which notice shall state the time when the letters were granted and that a failure to probate and register within ninety (90) days after the first publication of such notice will bar the claim. The notice shall be published for three (3) consecutive weeks, and proof of publication shall be filed with the clerk. If a paper be not published in the county, notice by posting at the courthouse door and three (3) other places of public resort in the county shall suffice, and the affidavit of such posting filed shall be evidence thereof in any controversy in which the fact of such posting shall be brought into question.

That is from MS Code Section 91-1-145.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) so I can receive credit for my work.

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking to see if you have any additional questions or comments. I want to make sure you guys are as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!