Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I live in Florida and there was some vandalizing at my home.

Customer Question
The cops said they had...
I live in Florida and there was some vandalizing at my home. The cops said they had surveillance footage. If they do how long does it take them to review it to see who it was
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2016
Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

It is very unfortunate that this has happened to you.

Typically, it takes the police a couple of weeks to review the footage. That does not mean they will be able to determine the identity of the persons in the video though. Many other factors play into that such as a previous criminal record, clear view of the face, etc.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why does it take so long

Well, I know you probably don't want to hear this, but a vandalism case (depending on what part of Florida you are in) probably isn't very high on the police department's priority list when compared to the other crimes they also have to deal with.

You will need to stay on top of them so it doesn't fall on the back-burner.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm in St pete

Yes. It should take a couple (2) weeks just about then.

Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They said they got the video from another condo. Wouldn't they watch it right away

They would watch it relatively quickly, but they would also need to investigate to see if they could match the identity of the person(s) in the video to anyone in their database.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They still haven't caught the person who vandalized. It's almost been enough time I would think. Is it because they don't have anything to go on or what
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer