How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16623
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son got s release papers from prison 15, on a Friday. He

Customer Question

My son got his release papers from prison for jan 15, on a Friday. He got tranfer to San Diego jan 14 for a warrant. He,had court for those charge on the 15 Friday. The judge dropped his charges and his lawyer said he will be coming home that day. When we went to,pick him up, they didn't release him. The jail told me he was being tranfer back to prison to finish his term. But his release was the 15 as well. He is still in jail. Prison is not going to pick him up cause he's done and has been release. And San Diego is waitng for prison to come get him. He's on a hold. No one seems to listen. My son should be out. Both county has release him but won't let him go. Due to this hold they think he has. How do I get him out??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Did you hire a local attorney to represent your son in this matter yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. This all happened Friday and since it was a three day weekend i can't get in touch with the prison, court house, or jail for them to check on his file.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Did you son serve his entire sentence in prison?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
his whole sentence. From jan 13, 2014- jan 15?2015. One full,year. I have copies of all his parol papers . Even spoke to his parol,officer since he was to meet with her Thursday. She said this is a first. He being held in jail for no reason and no charges. His charges from San Diego we're drop by the judge and release him that day the 15. No charges or time in both county. They are violating his constitutional rights. The court was negligent in his processing.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

So, your son was being released on Parole? He did not serve out his entire sentence in prison?

Where is prison located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did serve his entire sentence. The whole year. His release date was jan 15. He was being release on parol for 13 mos. San Diego picked him up for court on the 14. Norco released him on the 14 to San Diego . He had court on the 15 the same day of his official release. Since his charges was dropped from San Diego on the***** The judge said he can go home. He was put back in jail thinking he was going home. The they didn't let him out cause they said there is a hold and he is going back to norco to finish his time. My son said I already did. And tried to show them his release papers he got from norco. But they wouldnt look at it. Said they needed this papers from the court. Well the court has been close for three day due to the holiday. Norco is not going to pick him up. He's been release and done with his time. And San Diego has no right keeping him in jail when all,his San Diego charges has been dropped and the judge made his order tut he can go home. So why is he not release?? His lawyer said he will be release that Friday night.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, when someone is released on parole, that simply means a highly supervised early release from prison and a warrant can trigger a parole violation, even if the charges later dismissed by the judge.

Generally, the only option would be to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney (since the courts / judges will not discuss the situation of an adult inmate with anyone, but the inmate or his/her attorney).

This local attorney can review the entire case to determine if there is any parole violation hold and if not, then this attorney can file habeas corpus petition (unlawful imprisonment) to get the inmate released, if the inmate in fact had finished serving his sentence and ready to start his parole.

You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter might be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.