Good nite, I have a question my ex-boyfriend was using my…

Customer Question
Hi and good nite, I...
Hi and good nite, I have a question my ex-boyfriend was using my car and had and accident, the other drivers insurance paid for her medical bills, now her ins company is suing me for that money, I am very scared of what can happen to me. what can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/19/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.

If you had insurance then you would notify your insurance company in writing that you were sued.They are obligated to defend you and pay any judgment up to the policy limits.The fact the boyfriend was driving would not effect that assuming he has a valid license and permission to drive your car.

Contact them by phone, follow up in writing to the address they give you here to do so.You would want to make copy of suit for your files and send it to them.Follow up here in a couple of days to make sure they got it.You have burden here to make sure they answer the law suit and represent you in this matter.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.If I missed something please follow up it is never a problem.Thanks again.

Ray, Lawyer