How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42882
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good nite, I have a question my ex-boyfriend was using my

Customer Question

Hi and good nite, I have a question my ex-boyfriend was using my car and had and accident, the other drivers insurance paid for her medical bills, now her ins company is suing me for that money, I am very scared of what can happen to me. what can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.

If you had insurance then you would notify your insurance company in writing that you were sued.They are obligated to defend you and pay any judgment up to the policy limits.The fact the boyfriend was driving would not effect that assuming he has a valid license and permission to drive your car.

Contact them by phone, follow up in writing to the address they give you here to do so.You would want to make copy of suit for your files and send it to them.Follow up here in a couple of days to make sure they got it.You have burden here to make sure they answer the law suit and represent you in this matter.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.If I missed something please follow up it is never a problem.Thanks again.