I am a heating and have a contractors lien on a residence…

Customer Question
I am a heating and...
I am a heating and have a contractors lien on a residence that has since been aquired by a county government agency. Do I still have the right to money owed to me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/18/2016
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Your lien is valid but it may be subservient to a lien the county agency had. Have you contacted that agency directly to discuss?

I contacted the county office and I spoke to an employee who said he would look into it and get back to me. I never received a return call.

I would keep following up on them. If they bought the property and did not pay your lien amount then that is something you may be able to challenge in court. If they had a preexisting lien and acquired the property as part of some sort of foreclosure, then your lien is still valid, but the county agency may not have to pay it.

I contacted an employee at the county office who did not know but said he would get back to me but did not get a call back.

Just stay on it otherwise contact a local real estate attorney who might be able to get some answers for you.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer