I was left executor of a deceased cousin. I was also the…

Customer Question
I was left executor of...
I was left executor of a deceased cousin. I was also the only one in the will. I already saw a Attorney that states that I am not responsible for any of his (major and minor) credit card debts. M question is there is also a car and a house ( that has a $80,000.00 reverse mortgage on it. I have had lengthy conversations with this company and they said I have until March 4th to decide wether to buy or turn back over. As of now there is nothing to go to probate because all there is debt. If I decided to sell the house does that then go into an estate and make it an access point for all the credit card companies to come after the profit? What about the car?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/18/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I want to make sure I understand...are there more "assets" than "debts" to this estate?