My name is ***** *****. I have a friend who is elderly. Her…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I have a friend who is elderly. Her daughter has just gone through her 3rd divorce. She sells real estate and isn't making much money. She has power of attorney for her mother, but she is trying every thing she can think of to get her mother out of her mother's house so she can sell it. What kind of lawyer does my friend need to protect herself from her dauighteer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Not really. The friend supposedly has early onset Alzhirmer,s, However, she isn't anymore forgetful than any of the other people in our small neighborhood. She lives with her small dog. She is surrounded by wonderderful people and friends. We are mostly retirees and look out for each other. She is feeling threatened by the daughter and wants to protect herself rather than being railrroaded by the daughter. This person is not myself. She is a friend and all of us who are her friends are certain she isn't ready to be put away; far from it.

Lawyer's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
1/18/2016
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

Does your friend have someone in mind who they would like to care for them/their estate when they do succumb to the dementia (since there is no cure for this condition...they will become incompetent eventually because of it)?