P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

How do I end a common law marriage?

Customer Question

how do I end a common law marriage?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

A common law marriage is treated the same as any other marriage. You must obtain a divorce, from the court in the county in which you live.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.