How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 35017
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a cockotoo I arranged have my mom take care of while

Customer Question

I have a cockotoo I arranged have my mom take care of while o find a house to move into. I left after a was In a truck accident was at uc davis when I was discharged in went to her property to ck on my bird and dog. They would not.let Mr enter told me to leave not.welclme. I tried few.other times. Las week end went her place pick up my cockotoo and dog she said the cockotoo stays she's keeping never gave her the bird
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I want to make sure I understand the question. Are you asking if you can sue to recover the bird?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I was going to do is file a police report and take the police with me to recover the bird
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's trying say I abdonned him she has no problem lying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there. I wanted resolve this out court. I have tons of stress and busy moving
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do u do now
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

You can certainly request the police assist. Though, frankly, I suspect they will tell you that this is a "civil" matter.

So you may need to use the courts system.

You can hire a local attorney and sue her to recover the property. What you describe, this would be easy to accomplish...the bird is your, the court will order it returned to you

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.