TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I was trading vehicles 2 months ago, the vehicle was garbage

Customer Question

i was trading vehicles 2 months ago, the vehicle was garbage so i made the person swap back. they had tires and rims on my old vehicle that they put on, they never bothered to exchange with the ones that were on it in all this time. i used the vehicle as a trade in (major issues with the one) and now they want them back and has threatened me. what legal courses of action can be taken by both sides?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Based on the facts that you shared, it does not sound like you have any legal recourse against the other person. However, he may have legal recourse against you. The answer depends on whether or not he abandoned those new tires and rims that he put on the swapped car. You can argue that he failed to switch the tires and rims when he traded the car back, and that he did not ask for those tires and rims for two months. That is a pretty solid argument.

On the other hand, if it is obvious that you should have known that the other guy would want the tires and rims back, the judge may side with him and rule that you are not going to have that windfall because you should have given the tires and rims back. In other words, the judge may rule that you're not going to benefit from an obvious mistake.

The bot***** *****ne is that the ultimate answer depends on the specific facts in your case.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!