How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need advice on how i can handle my defaulted student

Customer Question

I need advice on how i can handle my defaulted student loans. I have both private and federal student loans all of which have gone to collection. I dont think i can declare bankruptcy because my mother is a cosigner and im afraid if i declare bankruptcy they will come after her. She is retired and in poor health with dementia so she needs my care. She is on a limited income so can help with this. One law firm i particular is threatening court property seizure. What are my option? How can i get this under control?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

How much do you still owe and how much was your monthly payment? Is there anything you can afford?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For this particular law firm it is 9500. All total Im looking at about 50000. I might be able to do 100 a month but they refuse to go that low.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any one there?